Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pudding Roti with Apple

There is no specific recipe when making bread pudding.. I used leftovers from my bread.. Bread made using your own breadmaker does not last long and soft unlike Gardenia.. So I just used it so my kids will finish it..

This was the last apple I had and nobody wanted it because it was not crunchy.. The raisins were the ones I craved during the first months of pregnancy.. Baking them made it fluffy and plump.. and the pan is the smallest that I have and we just scoop the puding with spoon. Who says it has to be perfect?

Add whatever ingredients you want, chocolate, bananas just name it.

Try it!


Ingredients:

milk
1 egg
sugar (2-3 tablespoon will do.. i don't like it sweet)
a pinch of salt

bread
1 apple
dots of butter (I used Farmcows-not pure butter)
raisin

Method:
1. Arrange the bread (you can cut them in small pieces so it will fit in the pan).

2. Arrange the sliced apple on top, add the dots of butter and just sprinkle the raisins. Put as much as you like.

3. Mix milk, egg, sugar and salt together. If you like the pudding to be soft, use more milk enough for the bread to absorb all the liquid. Pour on the bread.. Make sure you cover all the bread.. Too little milk will make the pudding hard.. Bake in the oven at 180 c until it smells really nice.. don't go and enjoy the smell too much.. it'll burn in the oven.. he he

Tips:
When you bake.. rely on the smell.. not really on the time the recipe gives.. sometimes I enjoy the smell of baking that I forgot to take it out from the oven. Once you smell the burning pudding.. it's too late.. the same goes with cookies and cake..

4. Dig in using spoon!

No comments: