Monday, February 22, 2010

My Fluffy Omellette

My friend just send me a message asking me how to make my omellette. Whenever she comes to my home for dinner, omellette is definitely a must.. The secret? I used to put a little bit of milk.. but now, since my kids just love finishing every bit of the milk, I stop buying them. It's just so frustrating when you plan to make bread pudding or caramel only to realise the milk is all gone.
A word of caution though, too much milk will make your omellette watery and less appetizing. Anyway, the secret of my fluffy omellete is simply by scraping the egg again and again before it sets creating a ripple in the inside of the omellette giving a fluffier effect. It's hard to tell in words.. this is not my perfect omellette, it's so difficult to handle the camera at the same time, but it helps..
Ingredients:
4 eggs (to cater my big family of 7 :P)
4 tablespoon of milk will do i guess, normally i just pour without measuring.. (optional)
a pinch of salt
white pepper
1. Heat the pan with a little bit of oil. This is too much actually.

2. Simply pour the egg (I only beat the egg a bit..)


3. Here's the tricky part, scrape your egg using a ladle, let it set for a while, and scrape again.. not in quickly motion though.. you just don't want to end up having scrambled egg hehe


4. Normally, it's fluffier but since I was handlling the camera at the same time, I missed a few scraping [sigh].. it should be fluffier.. and toss (I enjoy playing chef when I toss the egg over, my kids go wooooo!) and wait until the other side is cooked. If you can't toss it, simply slide the omellette into a plate and put the egg back into the pan, or rather, put the pan on the plate and turn it over.. if you know what I mean.. try it!



No comments: