Sunday, August 16, 2009

Butter Sampret (metric)

Butter Sampret

As I sell my Butter Sampret, I tend to alter the recipe to get a modern one that is softer and easier for me to make..

250gm butter (room temperature)
130gm sifted icing sugar

3 yolk
vanilla essence

400gm corn flour
120gm AP flour
a pinch of salt

cherry / silver dragges for decoration

Method:-

1. Using a mixer, beat butter and icing sugar until fluffy (not that fluffy though)
2. Add yolk and vanilla essence one by one. Mix until combined.
3. Add flour bit by bit. At this point, do not overbeat unless you want those really big 'kembang' dahlia which doesn't look nice at all!
4. Pipe using nozzle, and decorate with silver dragees (easier than the cherry - a lot of my customers prefer the cherry - looks more traditional he he)
5. Bake at 170 c for 7-10 minutes

Tips:
This recipe yield 150 pieces

No comments: