Friday, August 28, 2009

Cakes for Hantaran Pic

These are the three-layered cake made for a teacher friend. This was the first time I ever attempted butter cream with chocolate moist. My husband didn't like the taste.. he prefers ganache.. but then she insisted on having the butter cream. It was really hard to get hot red as requested as i didn't use icing sugar.. I ended up spending RM20.00 on the 4 tubes of colour and still didn't manage to get red red!

That was also the first attempt to make steam butter cream on my own. If you can see.. the smallest cake was not smooth enough... :(


These are 1000 cupcakes for a friend of mine. I had problem making this cupcake as this was the first time I took order in bulk. This time I realized that it's better to decide the size of the cupcake for the customer. My friend wanted to give a bigger cupcake for her guests and ended up buying the cuppies and container herself. At the end, it affected the baking time as it was bigger. I've already quoted the price already, therefore it was really difficult to increase the price (it was my problem of telling the customer.. not hers he he)



This was the very same customer for her wedding. I didn't know how to make roses then, so I bought sugar flower.. She requested peach.. but of course the colour was not available.. I had to change the colour!



This was for a teacher friend. Simple yet elegant because of the twirling of the lines at the side of the cake. I really like it! She told me it was finished in flash!



These are chocolate roses. I give up on making roses from ganache. I melted the cooking chocolate instead which takes only 10 seconds in the microwave at 540 w, put in a piping bag with roses piping tube, voila!



This was a hantaran cake.. and I really can't recall for whom. I like the finishing because it has really smooth edges. I trimmed my cake with a pair of scissors and used a plastic transparencies to make it smoother.. as for the roses.. it was chocolate!

No comments: