Friday, August 28, 2009

Birthday Cakes Pics


This is among my very first cake. I only used a fork to decorate the cake and make sure to use the tip of the fork lightly on the cake..


This cake was ordered by a close friend for her father. She insisted the rose decoration, wanting to pay more to celebrate the birthday of her father. The ganache was slightly runny than usual.. so the roses were not really roses..




This was my very first car cake. It was 2-kilo cake ordered by my friend. She insisted that the kids just loovee my cake. I didn't know how to decorate then (i still do not make novelty cakes now). Many hours were spent from cutting the template to the cutting of the cake itself. At this point, I know exactly why 2-kilo cake may be charged at the price of 3-4-cake. And why novelty cakes are charged really pricey!



This cake is the simplest to make and yet very-very catchy! The fact that I only but the edible image at the bakery supply store and just put it on the cake wonders me.. I should have known this for a loooongg time! he he

But then, my baking teacher will never approve the fact that the border of the image can be seen. I should have covered the line with more ganache...



This one was ordered by my son's classmate. The problem with me is I just don't know how to set the rules to the customer. The minute I quoted the price, she told me her daughter wanted some roses.. I learnt at this point that.. decoration will take more effort, more time, more ganache / ingredients, so it's okay to charge more..

I love baking.. but I do regret not making more beautiful cakes for my kids' birthday.. but then honestly.. I would never have the confidence in decorating cakes if it's not for my customers! I love you guys.. you taught me a lot!

No comments: